This is the latest version of the MicroSquirt, only from AMP EFI and our dealers! The AMP’d MicroSquirt adds higher current capacity injector drivers, higher current capacity on its optioisolated input, and 4 user configurable option switches that activate on-board pullup resistors for applications that use hall or optical style crank and cam sensors. They can also be used to re-purpose digital switch (ALED and WLED) outputs to become logic level ignition outputs for applications that require 3 or 4 ignition outputs without having to solder resistors into the ECU case or wiring.
MicroSquirt is an entry-level, fully assembled ECU with varied applications targeting power sports, single cylinder all the way up to 8 cylinders with up to 2 fuel and 4 spark outputs. Over 40 different ignition modes are supported from mainstream applications like GM LS1, Ford Zetec, Bosch Motronic, and Chrysler Gen III Hemis to unusual modes like Renix Jeep and the Suzuki Swift GTI.
We recommend using the AMP’d MicroSquirt over the regular MicroSquirt for these scenarios:
- When using 6 injectors in the 8-10 ohm range, or 8 or more injectors
- On 6 or 8 cylinder distributorless ignition applications (we make it easy to control these in wasted spark)
- 4 cylinder sequential coil on plug
- Fuel only installations triggered off the negative terminal of an ignition coil
AMP’d MicroSquirt ECU hardware features
Features in bold are added to the AMP’d MicroSquirt.
- 2 high impedance injector outputs – max peak current increased to 19 amps
- 2 dedicated spark outputs
- 2 general purpose on/off outputs – can be repurposed as spark outputs with switchable pull ups
- 1 PWM IAC output – can be repurposed as general purpose output
- 1 dedicated fuel pump output
- 2 variable reluctor conditioned inputs with switchable pull ups
- 1 optoisolated RPM input – max voltage and current increased
- 1 flex fuel or general purpose switched input
- 7 analog inputs
MicroSquirt ECU software features
- Supports speed density, alpha-N (TPS based), or MAF based fuel and spark tables
- 0.66 microsecond injector pulse width resolution
- Allows blending multiple load types, including specialized mode for independent throttle bodies
- Supports a wide variety of OEM cam and crank position sensors
- Accelerator pump or model based acceleration enrichment
- Closed or open loop idle speed and boost control
- On/off nitrous control
- Wankel rotary support: 2 rotor engines with separate leading and trailing spark tables
- Staged injection
- Table switching
- 16 x 16 fuel tables
- 12 x 12 spark tables
- 2 step rev limiter (launch control) with no-lift shifting
- Wideband AFR target table
- Flex fuel sensor input
- Real time barometric correction (external sensor required)
- Sequential shift cut and air shifter control
To Use a GM 1, 2, or 3 Bar MAP Sensor with the MicroSquirt
A is ground,
B is the sensor output signal to MicroSquirt,
C takes 5 Volts from MicroSquirt.
The pins are marked A-B-C on the sensor itself.